Next up in our in depth Louisville neighborhood series is the beautiful community of Anchorage. We’ll give you some “at a glance” details about this great part of Louisville, and if you’re interested in checking out some listings in Anchorage, simple click here to learn more about what’s currently available and on the market.
- Anchorage is located in the eastern part of Louisville; this area (and most of present day Jefferson County) was awarded to officers in the Virginia militia in 1773 in appreciation for service in the French and Indian War.
- A noted historic district, Anchorage is one of the more desirable Louisville neighborhoods to call home, and the area prides itself on being a tight knit community – one that is dedicated to those who reside there.
- Part of the city is designated as the Anchorage Historic District, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
- Many of the public buildings have been restored and/or built in similar [historic] style as to preserve the character of Anchorage.
- There are a number of local parks and trails in and around the Anchorage community; a few of our favorites are the Anchorage Trail and the expansive and impressive EP “Tom” Sawyer State Park.
- Real Estate:
- The homes in Anchorage are full of character and wonderful architecture, while the neighborhood itself includes a lot of diversity and variation: you’ll see large, historic homes next to smaller, bungalow-type homes.
- The median real estate price in Anchorage is $263,749. Give the current listings a whirl to see what’s currently on the market.
Beautiful Anchorage has a boatload of appeal for a home buyer in Louisville with some of loveliest historic homes in the city, as well as plenty of eateries, green spaces, schools, shops, and tranquility. If you’re interested in relocating to Anchorage (or the Louisville area in general), give Blanton Realtors a call – we can walk you through the market in any number of the wonderful Louisville neighborhoods.